The protest happening in America following the murder of George Floyd have taken over the country and are spreading over the world. What happened to George Floyd was the last drop, but the problem of institutionalised racism and police brutality is far from being just an American issue. It’s something we should all think about and educate ourselves on. And while protesting is tricky in current social distancing times people are still taking to the streets and protesting against this injustice and showing their stance on the situation and showing support. Many celebrities have joined the movement, some have been vocal online and used their platform to spread information and voices of those who deserve to be heard right now and some have actually joined protests on the streets of their cities. Let’s take a look at some of the celebs that have been spotted protesting on the streets, with the rest of the country.
1. Ariana Grande and Jamie Fox have been seen protesting on the streets, joining the peaceful marches and exercising their right to protest.
2. Singer Halsey has been out protesting on the frontlines and has shared photos and videos on her Instagram story, saying that they were tear-gassed by the police and she was hit with rubber bullets even though they were peaceful. She did clarify that she’s not seriously hurt and hasn’t been arrested.
3. Machine Gun Kelly and Yungblud protesting out on the streets, using reasonable precautions by wearing masks to protect themselves.
4. Timothee Chalamet has shared videos of him joining the protest in Santa Monica, wearing protective face masks and doing his best to keep social distancing. He warned people through his stories that the police were starting to use tear gas and encouraged people to stay safe.
5. Model Emily Ratajkowski was protesting with a sign that read “dismantle power structures of oppression”. Actress Anna Kendrick was out on the streets protesting as well.
6. Paris Jackson was protesting too, her sign read “peace, love, justice”. American singer Kehlani was actively supporting protest both on the streets and online, using her platform to spread useful information and show her support.
7. Actor Nick Сannon has joined protests on the street, holding up a poster with a photo of Geroge Floyd that read “justice for Floyd”. Rapper J.Cole is out protesting wearing a protective face mask too.
8. Tyler The Creator was seen on the streets, protesting while adhering to the rules of social distancing. Michael B Jordan was seen joining the protest wearing a bandana over his face.